Thursday, March 10, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday - What one maiden name can lead you to

Having recently come upon the maiden name of my ancestor Margaret Robitzer, I've been engaged in discovering her roots in the town of Uttwiller (aka Ottweiler), Alsace-Lorraine, France. It's amazing how knowing that one name has led to so many new discoveries. To give you an idea, here's a screenshot of my family tree at Tribalpages.com, showing what I knew about Margaret before her maiden name was confirmed.



Here's a screenshot of it now, with all the info I've found so far.


This is why I love genealogy. No brick wall is permanent, and amazing discoveries could be waiting for you just behind the next document you find.

1 comment:

Anna Matthews said...

A maiden name is an exciting find! Congrats.