Sunday, February 27, 2011

It came!!!!

The waiting is over! The package of records from Christ Evangelical Church in Manitoba came today! It's got a few scans of pages from the Tracks of Time book, a copy of an article about my great-grandmother's sister Olga and her first husband, Gus Haft, and a whole BUNCH of church records. Some of them I can tell what they are - baptism records, death records, even a couple of marriages. Some of them, Adrene (the church employee who copied these all for me) wrote 'confirmation' on, and there's quite a few of them (including my great-grandmother, Augusta Joseph). I'll have to take some time to scan them, label them, organize them, and then add them to my database. But what a treasure trove! I did notice there are a lot of Oswalds and other descendants of Gottlieb Joseph, my great-great-grandfather's brother. That makes sense, as his family stayed in the area, and he had a lot of kids (10 or so). But I'm very much looking forward to seeing what I can learn from these records, and to sharing them with my cousins, my grandpa, my parents, and any other interested parties. And just to give you a taste of what I'm looking at, here's the birth and baptism record for Gustav Hoeft, my first cousin twice removed.

No comments: