Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wordless Wednesday - Clarence "Unc" Morris

This is a photo of my great-grandma Rosie (Sitzman) Wagner's second husband, Clarence Morris, whom we all called Unc. I think the nickname comes from my aunt Kathy Smith, who couldn't pronounce Clarence when my dad's family knew him in the 1950s and 60s. This picture comes from February 1969, and shows Unc in some of his fraternal order's finery. I'm not sure what order this is from though. My grandpa says Unc was a Mason, like my grandpa was, but I think the hat says "Bagdad" and it looks like it has a picture of an Arabian-style sword. I'll have to Google it and see what I come up with.
This is a photo of Donald "Bill" Wagner, his sister-in-law Claire (Thacker) Wagner (wife of his brother Ralph), and Unc, from 1978. This is more how I remember Grandpa Unc. He was always nice to me, and my folks still have some of the letters he wrote me when I was little. He passed away in 1993 at the age of 90.

No comments: