Friday, April 4, 2008

Testimony

I was reading the March issue of the Ensign (the magazine produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) on my lunch break today, and was very impressed with the power of the articles and stories. Every single page was filled with testimony of the Savior, of His church, of His scriptures, and of His prophets. Over and over again, from apostles and prophets down to ordinary members, people bore witness of the Savior, of His divine mission, and His restored gospel in this church. I really felt the Spirit as I read, it confirmed my own testimony of my Savior, this church, of our current prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and of Joseph Smith.
Then after work, I watched a few videos on YouTube the church has put up, where Elders Ballard, Cook, and Nelson talk about some of the questions people have about the church. Again I felt that same Spirit testify to me that what they were saying was true. Their testimonies were simply stated, but powerful. I hope, as I help others learn about the gospel, that I can bear testimony like they did - simple and yet powerful.

No comments: