Thursday, October 5, 2017

Family History Month - post 4

I thought it might happen eventually, but time got away from me yesterday and I missed my daily post. So here's the first of two posts today.


This is a picture of my 2nd-great-grandparents, Lena Beilstein and Ernie Craddock. This is the only picture I have of the two of them together, even though they were married for more than 15 years. I've written many times about how hard Lena's life was, and Ernie didn't have an easy go of it either - his divorce from Lena, remarrying and then losing his second wife in a car accident, having to put his daughters in an orphanage because he couldn't provide for them adequately. But at least, here in this one photo, the two of them look reasonably happy. Life is like that I guess - lots of hard or uneventful times, interspersed with moments of joy and happiness. Like this picture, I want to focus on the good, not ignoring the bad or pretending it doesn't exist, but not letting it define my life and outlook.

No comments: