Sunday, October 1, 2017

Family History Month - post 1

In honor of October being Family History Month, I've decided to do something a little crazy - I'm going to try to post something related to my family history every single day this month! The posts will likely not be very long, as some days I have very little free time.

 
 
For today's post, I'm posting a photo of my McDonald ancestors. The man in the middle is George D. McDonald, my 3rd-great-grandfather. The woman on his right is his daughter Mary Ann McDonald. I don't know who the woman on the left is, unfortunately I don't have a better copy of this picture and no one has been able to identify her. George was born in Ontario in 1857 to George D. McDonald and Jane Dobson. He married Jennett McDonald (no relation, as far as I know) around 1881, and they had six kids together. They moved to the US in 1902, and he passed away in Fairview, Montana in 1941. He worked as a farmer, and I actually got my kids to change the words to Old McDonald, so now they sing "George McDonald had a farm, EIEIO."