Thursday, February 23, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - More, more more!

Holy cats, I have been inundated with genealogical treasures this week! I finally got a chance to do a preliminary look through the records my Bergstad cousin Delores sent me - the scans came out to 50 files! She wrote on the back of every single picture she sent, with names, dates, and other interesting info she had. Talk about a gold mine! There's a couple of plat maps, a host of pictures, and gobs of other info.

Then the other day, I got a package in the mail I wasn't expecting. Adrene, the kind-hearted employee of Christ Lutheran Church that was so helpful before, had gone through the communion registers of the church over the years from 1905-1914, and copied the registers where my ancestors and their relatives appeared. There's at least 30 pages!! It shows so many of the Josephs attending the same church, I think it will be very telling to see who attended and who didn't. I know I caught a glimpse of Samuel Joseph's 3rd wife Juliana (listed as Mutter Lorenz), next to her daughter and son-in-law, Seraphine and Ludwig Joseph. I do the genealogy happy dance just thinking about going through all those records.

Just this morning, I got an email back from another Lutheran church up in Manitoba, Lutheran Church of the Cross, that said they have records of the Lorenz family they can send me! They haven't been a brick wall for that long, but they have been hard to find, so this is very exciting news.

Now if only the Manitoba Vital Records Agency and SSA would hurry up and send those records I ordered. :) Not really complaining, I already have more to go through than I have time to do it. I just know good things are coming and I can't wait for them to get here.

No comments: